IBM Ring #6, DVCC SUMMER BOARD MEETING MINUTES
(July 23, 2014 Bogart’s Bar and Grill)
Attendees: David Storey, Dave Kelly, Reba Strong, Hunter Gaul, Jim Capobianco,
Ryan Adamowicz, Dave Hale, Jack Schultz, Ed Winkens, and Ed Schmitt
Upcoming Activity Schedule:
* The Board is pleased to announce that Joshua Jay will be lecturing for us at
our September 8th
* Dave Kelly offered to organize an program on “Stage Management and
Routining” for our October 13th
participating in this program should contact Dave (610-541-0221).
* Ed Winkens volunteered to set up an evening devoted to “Body Loads and
Steals” for our November 10th
contributing to this program should be in touch with Ed (215-776-9507).
* The Board determined that the proposed Holiday/Fundraiser Show, a mix
of music and magic produced in cooperation with C.C. Hancock Methodist
Church, will require additional planning in order to better understand how
the show will be structured. A meeting with Diane Longnecker, the church
secretary, will be set up soon in order to resolve production details.
* There is a need for members to forward pictures (via e-mail) taken at
meetings to Al Angello (email@example.com) so Al can post photos on
the IBM Ring #6 Facebook page.
* Dave Hale announced that our web site, http://www.phillyibmring6.com/,
will be undergoing a layout upgrade making the site more attractive,
easier to navigate, and more convenient to update. Dave expects the
revised web site will be operational by September 2014. In addition, the
most current versions (November 2013) of our ByLaws and Constitution
documents will be posted on the present site along with our most current
* The Board agreed best way to provide club members with membership list
updates is simply to publish dated membership lists (via e-mail) as
new members join.
General Concerns/Club Improvements:
* In view of the upcoming officer nominations in October, and the election in
November, the Board thought it appropriate that a “Nomination/Election
Committee” be established to coordinate proceedings. Reba Strong
graciously offered to chair the committee, and any club member interested
in assisting Reba should contact her (610-649-4541). Additionally, any
member who knows of someone interested in being nominated for an
office should let Reba know as soon as possible.
* The Board determined that costs incurred to “treat” a visiting lecturer to
dinner should be considered a reimbursable expense payable to the host
upon presentation of a paid receipt.
* In an effort to present our image in a manner more congenial to “tech
minded” prospective members, Dave Hale offered to edit performance
clips (not effect explanations) from our “Great Tricks from Ring 6” DVD and
post them on the web site. Additional performance clips from other IBM
Ring #6 members will be welcomed for the same purpose. Contact Dave